Hannah Wood was born in Glaisdale, North Riding of Yorkshire on the 2nd of March, 1819. She died at Cowl House, Bransdale on the 11th of November, 1896 and is buried at Cuckan, Bransdale (the head of the dale, in St. Nicholas Church, a chapelry of Kirkbymoorside Parish) in the North Riding of Yorkshire, England.
Hannah was the daughter of George Wood (1779 – 1829) and Ann (Nancy) Gatenby (1802 – 1885) of Glaisdale.
Hannah married Newark Wilson at St. Mary’s Parish Church, Whitby, Yorkshire. His residence at the time of the marriage was Bagdale, Ruswarp, Whitby. Subsequently, they moved to Bransdale, beginning at William Strickland’s Mill (house) and then farming for many years at Cowl House, west Bransdale in Kirkbymoorside parish.
Their children were: George (1846 – 1918) and twins: Ann Elizabeth (Green) (1856 – 1924) and Mary Jane (Atkinson) (1856 – 1900).